Guidelines for Bursary allocation.
Application for bursaries.
Bursaries Awarded by ICMEESA
The prime membership criteria of this institution is possession of a Government Certificate of Competency, Mechanical or Electrical, Factories or Mines. Bursaries will be restricted to studies in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) which is required by a student to eventually obtain the Certificate of Competency.
The bursary will include studies at Technical College, Technicon or University. The educational institution must have accreditation from ECSA. Only second year student applications will be considered. Closing date for applications: 31st of August of each year.
Guidelines for Bursary allocation
- All financial assistance from the Institution, whether at branch or council level, to any person must be shown and accounted for in the financial statements of the Institution.
- Bursaries may be granted annually to students who have been recommended to, and approved by Council.
- A bursary may be granted to the same person consecutively, provided that the student shows progress with his studies by passing all the required examinations.
- Bursary beneficiaries are to be selected and reviewed annually by the ICMEESA education and training sub-committee.
- The selected bursars must be approved by the ICMEESA executive committee with the final approval of the ICMEESA council.
- The ICMEESA Branch where the successful bursar is normally domiciled or studying will be informed, to enable the branch to mentor and assist the student where possible.
- Bursary grants will be paid by the treasurer directly to the educational institution at which the bursar is studying. The bursary will cover the payment of tuition fees and text books, in part or whole, as decided by Council.
- Payment to intermediaries or directly to bursars will not be entertained.
- Present ICMEESA bursary holders, who have passed the necessary subjects to further their studies will be favourably considered for continued support.
- Preference will be given to children who are direct descendants of members of ICMEESA, with preference to those with membership the longest standing.
- Candidates must have South African citizenship.
Together with the approved application form which can be downloaded, or, requested from the secretary, a student must submit the following:
- Proof of acceptance by the educational institution where he/she is studying.
- A recommendation from the ICMEESA branch, or a member of the Institution if the student is referred by a member or branch.
- A class attendance record, or, letter from the educational institution confirming his attendance if already studying.
- The academic record of previous studies.